Summary: Designing and developing digital learning content
The Position Description Overview:
As an Instructional Designer, you’ll play a key role in designing and developing digital learning content that effectively addresses diverse audience needs. You’ll get to utilize your specialized expertise in researching, writing, and editing course storyboards collaborating with partners to understand target audience needs.
- Type: Contract Position
- Length of position: 1+ years
- Hours per week: 40 hours
- Location: Remote
As an Instructional Designer, a typical day might include the following:
- Collaborate effectively with team members and internal partners to understand the target audience’s learning needs, set instructional end goals, and design and develop content to achieve educational objectives.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop effective visual content.
- Stay current on new technologies, industry trends, or techniques that may affect current practices.
- Make recommendations for new methods, materials, and tools to enhance the educational value of course materials and/or improve the efficiency of practices.
- Establish and document processes and procedures.
- Maintain files of all materials and electronic documents in active folders, archives, and digital asset management system(s).
- Identify and communicate potential development problems or challenges as they surface and propose mitigation strategies.
Learn more about the company that is hiring:
Our Twin Cities client is a global healthcare organization that is improving lives with advanced medical solutions. This organization’s mission is to meet and exceed patients’ and healthcare professionals’ needs while operating in 160 countries worldwide.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Educational Technology, Instructional Technology or closely related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Instructional Design (an advanced specialized degree may count toward the experience)
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional systems design models
- Strong conceptual thinking; ability to take raw content and create designs that support the delivery of an engaging learning experience
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise explanations of complex concepts and engaging course content for a diverse audience of professionals
Celarity is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For Celarity, it’s about the quality of relationships through ethical business practices. We have a responsibility to employees, clients, and the community.
Hiring decisions are made without regard to: Race • color • creed • religion • national origin • gender • age • marital status • disability • public assistance status • veteran status • sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Benefits for all Celarity employees.
We take care of employees and offer great benefits such as:
- Medical Insurance with Celarity contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Dental plan
- 401(k) match plan
- Access to Our Robust Employee Assistance Program
- Anniversary & Birthday Recognitions
- Professional Development Opportunities
Get to know Celarity
Are you a great match?
Rewards for Referrals
Refer a friend or hiring manager and earn up to a $500 Visa gift card!
Share this Job Post
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
SUBMIT YOUR RESUME