Twin Cities Events
MARKETING • CREATIVE • DIGITAL
- This event has passed.
AIGA – The Business Conversation with Guest Kurt Schmidt
March 1 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please check website for cost details
ABOUT KURT SCHMIDT
At the age of twenty, Kurt Schmidt was recognized as one of the top BMX freestyle bike riders in the world and launched his first company. As a professional athlete, he was renowned for his biking skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
In 2010, he was tapped by The Nerdery to join the Development Department and was quickly promoted to the Director of Project Management. Kurt established the company’s first PMO and helped to lead, train, and grow The Nerdery’s project management team of over 50 Project and Program Managers.
Currently, Kurt Schmidt is the President of Foundry, a digital product, and experience agency and hosts a weekly podcast named the “Schmidt List” where he interviews industry leaders to learn their thoughts on bridging modern management techniques, design thinking, and cutting-edge technology for our ever-increasing “agile” world.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS CONVERSATION
A monthly fireside chat series focused on the practical business challenges and opportunities surrounding creative ventures. Topics will cover the often overlooked areas of creative industries: the business side of creative projects. Hosted by Garrio Harrison.
Our guests will cover:
- The nuts and bolts of managing creative projects that align with business goals and available resources.
- Insights around deciding which projects to invest in.
- Discussions about current creative trends and how to decide which ones are right for your organization.
Who is this series for:
- Business leaders who need to understand the business of creative execution so they can make informed decisions about when to invest their resources to drive business results.
- Creatives who what to understand the business impact of the work they produce and ways to better operate their own business.
- Business Builders who need to understand how marketing and creative execution can impact their growth without compromising their return on