Twin Cities Events
MARKETING • CREATIVE • DIGITAL
MIMA: A MARKETERS GUIDE TO COMPUTER SCIENCE AND APP DEVELOPMENT
October 22 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Experience the importance of computational thinking as a mindset for creative problem solving, and learn how coding powers consumer experiences in the digital age. Examine the vast applications of computer science and computational thinking through the lens of interactive marketing, as well as higher-order thinking skills and digital-age problem-solving. Then, dig into the process of app development including basics of experience design.
You’ll even have the opportunity to create your own app during the workshop.
Participants can expect hands-on, creative workshops centered around the guided exploration of computer science and computational thinking concepts.
Who is this workshop for?
- anyone who participates in website/app content projects (planning, writing, funding, approving, etc)
- agency and client-side professionals who interact with developers and want to know more about what happens behind the scenes
- marketers who want to use creative problem solving to tackle complex challenges
What you’ll learn:
- basic pillars of computer science
- logical thinking as a tool for creative problem solving
- core principles of user experience (UX) design
- app planning and development
Presenting Organizers: Code Savvy
“Making programming your superpower”
Code Savvy works with educators in and out of the classroom to make coding more accessible and to inspire the next generation of computer science and tech professionals.
Code Savvy is a MN non-profit organization supporting kids and educators to become more “tech-savvy” through creative educational programs and services. We incubate and support community-based programs that bring technology and know-how to local kids and educators, all the while championing gender and ethnic diversity. Code Savvy is dedicated to ensuring the next generation of computer science professionals represent the billions of users of tomorrow’s innovative technologies.
Code Savvy is a central resource for local advocates and champions for the advancement of youth computer science. Through its connections and vision, it activates programs and services that give real-world coding experience to kids who represent backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in computer science.