Twin Cities Events
MARKETING • CREATIVE • DIGITAL
- This event has passed.
MIMA: WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY: PRO TIPS AND IMPLEMENTATION
December 11, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Wednesday, December 11
2:00 p.m. – Registration
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. – Workshop
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Happy Hour
A much-requested follow up to our November accessibility workshop, Michelle Landis and the Accessible360 team will take attendees through some of the finer technical points of truly making a website accessible.
Our November session focused on real-world examples and tips for navigating accessibility, drawing from experience on hundreds of projects including more than one headline-level courtroom drama. This “next level” continuation workshop covers an even greater overview of available tools and best practices to authentically make websites accessible.
Attendees will leave with:
- A tool-box of practical tips, best practices, and tools for improving the accessibility of their own website and apps.
- An understanding of what “accessibility” means in practical terms.
- An understanding of how a blind person uses / experiences the Internet.
- Knowledge of the applicable law (the ADA), what it requires, and what questions the law leaves unanswered.
- An overview of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), and how they relate to this issue.
Who this workshop is for:
- Attendees of our November workshop.
- Those involved in website/app development or UX.
- Individuals in compliance roles, both agency and brand side.
- Owners of small shops or consultants who wear most technology and compliance hats.
- Teams responsible for digital content.
Fredrikson and Byron
200 S. 6th St, Suite 4000
Minneapolis, MN, 55402
(see parking and security details below)
Michele is the VP of Business Development & Strategic Partners, Co-founder of Accessible360.
“My years of successful sales and business development experience, paired with my service and leadership on programs focused on inclusion and equal access, have all fed my entrepreneurial spirit and prepared me for a unique opportunity in the area of website accessibility consulting. The best part of my position with A360 is increasing awareness and helping clients learn what it means to become compliant. It’s not only the right thing to do, but it’s also good for your business”.
“I lead the Business Development for A360 by identifying potential partners, consulting on creative website strategies for our clients’ businesses and strengthening community relationships to further our mission”.