Twin Cities Events
MARKETING • CREATIVE • DIGITAL
SMBMSP – You’re not the boss of me: The joys and perils of being self-employed
December 14 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Free – $15
This is a special Social Media Breakfast – MSP for solopreneurs… and the solo-curious. We’ll be talking to 4 freelancers and consultants who are successfully navigating different stages of self-employment:
- Mo Perry, co-founder of Logosphere Storysmiths
- Judy Jossi, owner of Slice Consulting
- Lindsi Gish, owner of gish&co
- Jennifer Zick, CEO of Authentic Brand
Forget the hype. We’re going to talk about the day-to-day realities:
- How do you make the jump?
- What are the perks of being self-employed?
- Does it pay better?
- How do you get clients?
- How do you stand out in the land of 10,000 freelancers?
- Can you get a mortgage?
- What if I hate sales?
- What does it take to be good as a consultant?
Bring your own questions. We’ll leave plenty of time for Q&A!
The panel will be moderated by Don Ball, co-founder of Fueled Collective(formerly COCO)
Parking Note: Construction and ramp closings have reduced the number of available spots in the area. Please plan for extra time to find on-street, metered parking spaces.