Chief Creative Officer (CCO)
What is a Chief Creative Officer (CCO)?
Similar Job Titles:
The Chief Creative Officer (CCO) is the highest executive position of a creative department. A CCO is typically found within large agencies and is the individual who is setting the overall creative direction for the entire creative team. The CCO is very knowledgeable of design and works closely with other executive creative leaders to ensure future projects are enhancing the brand’s image; ultimately responsible for all design decisions for various projects.
Responsibilities of a Chief Creative Officer:
- Leads the entire creative team by making all design decisions and setting the overall creative direction that best aligns with business objectives
- Effectively translate design concepts to other executive creative directors in order to be executed by the creative teams
- Overseeing and setting creative budgets for creative directors to follow
- Creating short & long term goals for the creative team to achieve
Important Metrics for these Creative Leaders:
- Client Satisfaction Ratings
- Estimated Project Budget vs Actual Project Budget
- Estimated Project Time vs. Actual Project Time
- Schedule Variance
Chief Creative Officer (CCO) Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Chief Creative Officer (CCO):
- 25th Percentile $165K
- Average $215.6K
- 75th Percentile $263.2K
Chief Creative Officer (CCO) Job Description
Bonus copy for your Chief Creative Officer (CCO) job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles