Chief Digital Officer (CDO)
What is a Chief Digital Officer (CDO)?
Similar Job Titles:
A Chief Digital Officer (CDO) is an individual who oversees that traditional marketing operations are converted to digital processes. This individual serves as a cross-functional agent and is adaptable to the digital sector due to it’s rapidly changing behavior. A CDO oversees operations within the digital space which includes promoting their organization’s online presence by utilizing social media platforms and online platforms such as Google. A CDO ensures that a company’s online presence is providing a positive consumer experience across all channels to increase lead generation.
Responsibilities of a Chief Digital Officer:
- Implementing an organization overall digital strategy for a marketing department
- Oversees all digital operations including digital processes, customer experiences, services & products
- Serving as a cross-functional agent and integrating business with technology processes
- Monitoring all the ROI outcomes of various digital projects and identifying impacts from the digital initiatives
Important Metrics for these Digital Leaders
- Conversion Rates
- Cost per conversion (CPC)
- Lead to close ratio
- Return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Cost per acquisition (CPA)
Chief Digital Officer (CDO) Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Chief Digital Officer (CDO):
- 25th Percentile $219.8K
- Average $285.1K
- 75th Percentile $330.2K
Chief Digital Officer (CDO) Job Description
Bonus copy for your Chief Digital Officer (CDO) job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles