Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
What is a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)?
Similar Job Titles:
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). CMO’s are knowledgeable of the market industry & customer emerging trends. The CMO will work with other marketing executives to strategically plan the overall vision for the entire organization.
Chief Marketing Officer Responsibilities
- Overseeing a department of marketing professionals in various areas such as outbound, direct, social, paid, search, content, product, branding and public relations
- Provide support by supervising the product planning, marketing research, and advertising functions for all products and services
- Determine KPI’s, policies, standards, and procedures for an entire marketing department
- Control the marketing budget for various campaigns and marketing activities
Important Metrics for these Marketers:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Average Length of Sale
- Customer Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Churn (Customer Attrition Rate)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Engagement rate
- Conversion Rate
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO):
- 25th Percentile $210.8K
- Average $270.7K
- 75th Percentile $318.9K
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
Bonus copy for your Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles