Full Motion Video Analyst
What is a Full Motion Video Analyst?
Similar Job Titles:
According to Wikipedia, Full Motion Video (FMV) refers to a video game narration technique that relies on pre-recorded video files to display action in a game. While FMV got its start in the video game world, it is currently used very frequently in the intelligence and security world. Many large intelligence and technology companies enlist Full Motion Video analysts to analyze data and process information for them.
Full Motion Video analysts are meant to exploit and analyze a variety of imagery across multiple platforms, including FMV. They should produce imagery-derived intelligence or video game products that can be distributed to customers or presented to senior intelligence officials depending on the type of organization they work for.
What does a Full Motion Video Analyst do, typically?
Again, this depends whether the role is video game-focused or intelligence-focused. If they work in intelligence and security, their daily responsibilities may include:
- Creating products and reports for customers or senior intelligence/security officials
- Possessing excellent analytical writing and briefing skills
- Prioritizing and solve routine tasks, positively impact customer relations, and contribute to the completion of customer and organizational objectives
If they work on video games, their responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to brainstorming sessions while understanding what is technically feasible
- Acquiring assets for video and storyboard production from various platforms
- Understanding and using the technical aspects of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro
- Misconceptions about Full Motion Video Analysts
This role can be video game-based or it can be intelligence/security-based, and it’s important to note that for both of these industries, a Full Motion Video analyst may look very different. If they are in the video game field, there will be a higher focus on creativity and creating graphics to please customers, whereas in intelligence they will need to know how to exploit FMV imagery and be familiar with a range of data collection capabilities.
Important metrics for a Full Motion Video Analyst
1. Time spent on projects
The amount of time it takes to create video game material or intelligence products and how that process can be improved or made more efficient.
2. New users and retention rate
This is more focused on video game FMV analysts, who should create imagery that enhances the look and feel of the video that gets new customers who keep coming back.
3. Response rate
This metric is geared more toward security-focused FMV analysts, who need to be able to quickly exploit imagery for security and intelligence purposes and solve security problems quickly.
Full Motion Video Analyst Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Full Motion Video Analyst:
- 25th Percentile $51.6K
- Average $70.1K
- 75th Percentile $85.3K
Full Motion Video Analyst Job Description
Bonus copy for your Full Motion Video Analyst job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Full Motion Video analyst at <company XXX>, you will be responsible for exploiting imagery and analyzing it across multiple platforms. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Create products and reports for customers or senior intelligence/security officials
- Possess excellent analytical writing and briefing skills
- Prioritize and solve routine tasks, positively impact customer relations, and contribute to the completion of customer and organizational objectives
As a Full Motion Video Analyst at <company XXX>, you will be responsible for enhancing the look and feel of video games and other visual products. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions while understanding what is technically feasible for games
- Acquire assets for video and storyboard production from various platforms
- Understand and use the technical aspects of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro
Hire a Full Motion Video Analyst
We can help you find a qualified Full Motion Video Analyst that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Full Motion Video Analyst?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!