Marketing Automation Specialist
What is a Marketing Automation Specialist?
Similar Job Titles:
Marketing Automation Manager
Hubspot defines Marketing Automation as, “the software that exists with the goal of automating marketing actions.” The technology helps set-up simple steps and procedures within various marketing channels like email, chat, social media, landing pages, etc. and can prevent leads from slipping through the cracks. But marketing automation is only one part of a larger inbound strategy.
Marketing automation helps to streamline the process and allow your business to become the expert in your space: getting the right message to the right person at the right time. An inbound approach is all about building trust.
What does a Marketing Automation Specialist do, typically?
- Understand your needs/problems that automation will help you solve
- Build your marketing automation blueprint
- What you’ve been doing so far
- What has already been produced
- Where you’ve been successful
- Where you can see some “quick wins”
- Build the marketing automation engine
- Determine how the process is going to run
- Create new content to drive people down the buyer’s journey
- A/B test to optimize
- Report and revamp
Two Common Marketing Automation Misconceptions
False: A great Marketing Automation tool solves all of your time management problems – fast!
Truth: Implementing Marketing Automation is no easy task – it takes a lot of time, work, and specialized skills to see the maximum benefit from any platform or tool.
False: The goal of Marketing Automation is to get as much content and information out to your customers as possible – whether they want it or not.
Truth: Marketing Automation should not be used to cast a “wide net.” The goal is to utilize your understanding of your audience to cast a narrow net at the right time. This represents a shift from a traditional marketing approach to an inbound marketing approach.
Important metrics for a Marketing Automation Specialist
- Engagement metrics
- Site traffic
- Open and click-through rates
- Performance metrics
- Marketing qualified leads
- Sales qualified leads
- Return On Investment (ROI) Metrics
- Customer acquisition cost
- Conversion rate
- Generated revenue
- Lifetime value of the customer
Marketing Automation Specialist Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Marketing Automation Specialist:
- 25th Percentile $90.7K
- Average $108.8K
- 75th Percentile $126K
Marketing Automation Specialist Job Description
Bonus copy for your Marketing Automation Specialist job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Marketing Automation Specialist at <company XXX>, you will get to do more than attract and convert prospects using lead generation tactics. You’ll also get to:
- Create blogs, emails, chat features, landing pages, and more to nurture leads through their customer journey
- Help <company x> become a thought-leader in our space and the customers’ choice for a trusted partner
- Define audiences and develop buyer personas that represent our ideal customer
- Create and distribute valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain audiences
- A/B test campaigns and content, report on progress and optimize content based on valuable insights found in the analysis
- Continually find new opportunities to improve the customer journey and provide new value to new and existing customers
Hire a Marketing Automation Specialist
We can help you find a qualified Marketing Automation Specialist that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Marketing Automation Specialist?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!