VP of Marketing
What is a VP of Marketing?
Similar Job Titles:
Working under the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is generally a Vice President of Marketing. This individual ensures that a marketing department is aligned towards the same strategic goal; unifying cross-functional teams to create an effective marketing strategy.
VP of Marketing Responsibilities
- Providing leadership to areas such as marketing research, product development, and advertising & launching initiatives
- Works with marketing management teams to form business plans to accomplish corporate objectives
- Communicating the sales-oriented marketing strategy to marketing directors and teams for execution
- Analyze marketing metrics and prepare reports & share insights with the CMO or President
Important Metrics for these Marketing Metrics:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Average Length of Sale
- Customer Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Churn (Customer Attrition Rate)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Engagement rate
- Conversion Rate
VP of Marketing Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a VP of Marketing:
- 25th Percentile $198.4K
- Average $255.7K
- 75th Percentile $304.5K
VP of Marketing Job Description
Bonus copy for your VP of Marketing job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
Hire a VP of Marketing
We can help you find a qualified VP of Marketing that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a VP of Marketing?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!