VP of Marketing
What is a VP of Marketing?
Similar Job Titles:
Working under the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is generally a Vice President of Marketing. This individual ensures that a marketing department is aligned towards the same strategic goal; unifying cross-functional teams to create an effective marketing strategy.
VP of Marketing Responsibilities
- Providing leadership to areas such as marketing research, product development, and advertising & launching initiatives
- Works with marketing management teams to form business plans to accomplish corporate objectives
- Communicating the sales-oriented marketing strategy to marketing directors and teams for execution
- Analyze marketing metrics and prepare reports & share insights with the CMO or President
Important Metrics for these Marketing Metrics:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Average Length of Sale
- Customer Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC)
- Churn (Customer Attrition Rate)
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Engagement rate
- Conversion Rate
VP of Marketing Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a VP of Marketing:
- 25th Percentile $195.4K
- Average $251.8K
- 75th Percentile $299.8K
VP of Marketing Job Description
Bonus copy for your VP of Marketing job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles