Web Content Manager
What is a Web Content Manager?
Similar Job Titles:
Online Content Manager, Digital Content Manager
A Web Content Manager creates, develops, implements, and manages web and intranet communication strategies to raise brand awareness, inform internal and external audiences, and achieve business goals. The Content Manager often uses content management software (CMS) to post content and analyze user traffic and engagement.
What does a Web Content Manager do, typically?
Creates and manages online content
This type of specialist creates engaging content that aligns with brand strategy and addresses the needs and interests of various users.
Is familiar with CMS tools and SEO
A Web Content Manager uses SEO tactics and CMS to maximize search rankings, optimize content, and analyze user engagement and works closely with a technical team to maintain site standards.
Has strong editorial skills
A Web Content Manager writes, proofreads, and edits content; develops and manages an editorial calendar to ensure timely content; and, collaborates with marketing and design teams to ensure consistent brand messages across all channels.
A Web Content Manager is not:
A Web Designers/Developer
A Web Designer/Developer creates a website’s look and structure. A Web Content Manager creates the words and pictures that populate that structure, and manage the website after the content is created.
A Content Marketer
A Content Marketer works with a Content Manager when one of the tactics is branded content that will deliver a story. A Web Content Manager implements and manages that content.
Important metrics for a Web Content Manager
Web Content Managers work with marketing strategists, web developers, and internal communication teams to measure content effectiveness (usage, adoption, and reach), brand awareness, lead generation, customer loyalty, and user engagement.
Web Content Manager Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Web Content Manager:
- 25th Percentile $60K
- Average $67.4K
- 75th Percentile $74.3K
Web Content Manager Job Description
Bonus copy for your Web Content Manager job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Web Content Manager at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to use your knowledge of online and mobile communication strategies to create digital content. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- develop, create, and manage engaging content that aligns with our brand strategy, and addresses the needs and interests of our multiple stakeholders
- collaborate with team members to develop a content strategy that promotes internal and external user engagement
- use web metrics and your knowledge of digital technology to maximize search rankings, optimize content, and analyze user engagement
- use your outstanding editorial skills to develop and manage an editorial calendar, collaborate with marketing and design
- teams to ensure consistent brand messages across all channels, and advise internal and external clients on the most
- effective methods for presenting content on the web
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles