WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
When it comes to WordPress Development, there are a lot of varying opinions about what the title or role actually means. Some firms only need a developer to create custom WordPress (WP) plugins and modules while others need to have the ability to develop a WP theme; some firms need someone who can do both.
Experts in WordPress Development can generally create both custom plugins and modules as well as develop themes – all built upon their knowledge of the PHP framework.
What does a WordPress Developer do, typically?
WordPress Developers have a range of skills and breadth of knowledge about WordPress and Hypertext Preprocessor programming language (PHP).
WordPress Developers are not only:
Front-End Developers or Back-End Developers
WordPress Developers have both front-end and back-end knowledge but are creating very specialized work for the WordPress platform – it’s their specialty!
Important metrics for a WordPress Developer
- Error Rate
- Time to Interaction
- Interaction response time
- Page rendering
- DOM processing
Bonus copy for your WordPress Developer job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
- Strong knowledge of the WordPress platform
- Utilize your deep understanding of the WP library and other common practices to produce great WP-based products
- Develop custom WP plugins, modules, and themes
- Ensure your new custom creations work properly in all environments while overcoming conflicts with popular themes and plugins