Customer Experience Manager
What is a Customer Experience Manager?
Similar Job Titles:
Client Relations Manager, Account Manager
Customer Experience Managers (CEM) bridges the gap between the customer and the brand they work for. Their jobs ensure that each touchpoint across the customer journey is engaging, efficient, and effective. A successful Customer Experience Manager often increases customer satisfaction rates, increases customer loyalty, and gains more referrals from those loyal customers.
What does a Customer Experience Manager do, typically?
Design & Improve the customer experience
Begins with understanding each customer and their specific need. Then, Customer Experience Managers set a clear vision so that the entire process is transparent for the client and they know what to expect. CEMs build strong relationships with clients that are fostered by gathering customer feedback in real time. This feedback is incorporated into the sales process to improve the overall customer experience.
Increase customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy
Customer Experience Managers believe that every touchpoint with your organization’s customers is a chance to make their experience remarkable. In turn, customers will not only remain loyal to the organization but refer others to the business.
Customer Experience Managers are not Customer Relationship Managers
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a strategy that focuses on managing customer information to drive sales into the business and increase customer retention. Customer Experience Management (CEM) uses information from the customer experience to gain insights from the customer’s unique perspective. The goal of CEM is to augment the customer experience and cultivate customer loyalty.
Important metrics for a Customer Experience Manager
- Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Customer Satisfaction (CSAT)
- Customer Effort Score (CES)
- Customer Churn Rate
- Customer Retention
Customer Experience Manager Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Customer Experience Manager:
- 25th Percentile $64.4K
- Average $80K
- 75th Percentile $95.2K
Customer Experience Manager Job Description
Bonus copy for your Customer Experience Manager job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Customer Experience Manager at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to do more than <___>. You’ll showcase your expertise in <___> and <___>. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Champion opportunities to consistently Improve the <Your Company Name> experience
- Drive customer retention, reduce churn, and increase customer satisfaction
- Map the customer journey and identify opportunities to proactively intervene on the client’s behalf
- Guide team in effective client issues resolution and handle any escalations
- Develop listening points in the customer journey, define segmentation of customer base and varying strategies, and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Test new strategies for driving customer value
- Continually review and evolve the collection of processes <Your Company Name> uses to track, oversee and organize every interaction between the customer and Vivacity throughout the lifecycle
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles