Inbound Marketing Specialist
WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
To understand the role of an Inbound Marketing Specialist, it’s important to first understand inbound marketing, which is providing useful information to current and potential customers.
Inbound marketing can help build trust with audiences by offering valuable information, typically in the form of newsletters, social media content, blogs and more, and an Inbound Marketing Specialist will be responsible for a lot of these materials.
An inbound marketing specialist may work alone or within a larger team to develop inbound campaigns for clients or for the organization they work for. Their aim is to attract new customers and keep existing customers coming back through various content initiatives.
What does an Inbound Marketing Specialist do, typically?
Inbound Marketing Specialists should have experience in attracting customers to a brand or website through content campaigns. Their daily responsibilities may include:
- Developing a strong understanding of products, competition, industry and marketing goals and objectives of the industry
- Actively brainstorming and proposing new ideas for inbound marketing campaigns
- Writing various marketing materials including blogs, newsletters, social media content and more
- Measuring the effectiveness of campaigns against agreed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Understanding analytics and data and using them to create effective content strategies.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s best practices, strategies, and offerings including inbound marketing
- Creating, managing, and executing multi-channel marketing campaigns that leverage SEO, social media, inbound marketing, email campaigns, and events to grow customer acquisition
Misconceptions about Inbound Marketing Specialists:
Some may confuse this role with a content specialist, and while content is an important element of inbound marketing, it encompasses a lot of strategy as well and includes inbound marketing methodologies. Inbound marketing involves the overall SEO, social media and email marketing strategies of an organization and tends to be more analytical than a pure content role.
Important metrics for an Inbound Marketing Specialist
- Website visitors
- Number of leads
- Conversion rate
- Email click-through rate
- Keyword rankings
Bonus copy for your Inbound Marketing Specialist job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
- Develop a strong understanding of products, competition, industry and marketing goals and objectives of the industry
- Actively brainstorm and propose new ideas for inbound marketing campaigns
- Write various marketing materials including blogs, newsletters, social media content and more
- Measure the effectiveness of campaigns against agreed key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Understand analytics and data, using them to create effective content strategies
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry’s best practices, strategies, and offerings around inbound marketing
- Create, manage, and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns that leverage SEO, social, inbound marketing, email campaigns, and events to grow customer acquisition