Marketing Project Manager
What is a Marketing Project Manager?
Similar Job Titles:
Marketing Project Coordinator, Program Manager
In the marketing world, there are often products that need promotion or marketing campaigns aimed at achieving a specific business goal. For big projects like this, organizations often enlist the help of a Marketing Project Manager.
Marketing projects managers typically work in unison with advertising, sales, upper management and other departments and may also responsible for managing teams. This role is important because Marketing Project Managers are responsible for planning and implementing marketing strategies that in the end make customers more aware of a brand.
What does a Marketing Project Manager do, typically?
Marketing projects managers must be adept at organization, prioritization and careful planning to successfully achieve marketing project goals. Their daily responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with the graphics department on advertising artwork
- Writing copy, scheduling deadlines, communicating with stakeholders and carrying out other supervisory responsibilities
- Conducting in-depth market research on a product or service as well as competitor analyses
- Understanding the company, its products, and customer base in order to create effective marketing campaigns
- Ensuring all marketing assets are on-brand and aligned with the global business strategy
- Planning, managing and executing projects from beginning to end
- Working with brand managers and/or senior staff to collect deadlines, budgets, objectives, etc.
Misconceptions about Marketing Project Managers
Many people think project management is all about scheduling, but the reality is that project management is so much more than administrative work; it takes a very specific type of personality and skill set to continuously pull off projects successfully.
Marketing Project Managers must be able to understand the scope of the work, the deliverables, the satisfaction of stakeholders and they have to not just deliver on-time, but make sure things are done in the right way to ensure successful projects.
Important metrics for a Marketing Project Manager
The quality of a product or service delivered from a marketing project and it’s success rate with clients and/or customers.
Return on Investment
The dollar amount earned for the amount invested in a project, including time.
The pattern of whether projects run ahead or behind schedule.
In essence, this is the units of input compared with the units of output so the relation between both can be improved.
Marketing Project Manager Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Marketing Project Manager:
- 25th Percentile $52K
- Average $62K
- 75th Percentile $72K
Marketing Project Manager Job Description
Bonus copy for your Marketing Project Manager job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Marketing Project Manager at <company XXX>, you will do more than just manage schedules. You will be responsible for ensuring marketing project process from beginning to end is efficiently executed with positive results. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with the graphics department on advertising artwork
- Write copy, schedule deadlines, communicate with stakeholders and carry out other supervisory responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth market research on a product or service as well as competitor analyses
- Understand the company, its products and customer base in order to create effective marketing campaigns
- Ensure all marketing assets are on-brand and aligned with the global business strategy
- Plan, manage and execute projects from beginning to end
- Work with brand managers and/or senior staff to collect deadlines, budgets, objectives, etc.
Hire a Marketing Project Manager
We can help you find a qualified Marketing Project Manager that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Marketing Project Manager?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!