What is a Project Coordinator?
Similar Job Titles:
Traffic Coordinator, Jr Project Manager
In the marketing world, there are often products that need promotion or marketing campaigns aimed at achieving a specific business goal. For big projects like this, organizations often enlist the help of a Project Manager and their supporting Project Coordinators.
Project Coordinators typically work in unison with advertising, sales, upper management and other departments. This role is important because coordinators are responsible for supporting the planning and implementing marketing strategies that in the end make customers more aware of a brand.
What does a Project Coordinator do, typically?
Project Coordinators must be adept at supporting Project Managers. They help to coordinate the organization, prioritization and careful planning to successfully achieve marketing project goals. Their daily responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with the graphics department on advertising artwork
- Scheduling deadlines, communicating with stakeholders and carrying out other supervisory responsibilities
- Conducting in-depth market research on a product or service as well as competitor analyses
- Understanding the company, its products, and customer base in order to create effective marketing campaigns
- Ensuring all marketing assets are on-brand and aligned with the global business strategy
- Planning, managing and executing projects from beginning to end
- Working with brand managers and/or senior staff to collect deadlines, budgets, objectives, etc.
Misconceptions about Marketing Project Coordinators
Many people think project management and coordination is all about scheduling. But, the reality is that project coordination is so much more than administrative work; it takes a very specific type of personality and skill set to continuously pull off projects successfully.
Marketing Project Managers must be able to understand the scope of the work, the deliverables, the satisfaction of stakeholders and they have to not just deliver on-time, but make sure things are done in the right way to ensure successful projects. Project Coordinators help project managers achieve these goals.
Important metrics for a Marketing Project Coordinator
Supporting customer/client satisfaction
The quality of a product or service delivered from a marketing project and it’s success rate with clients and/or customers.
Supporting activities related to ROI
The dollar amount earned for the amount invested in a project, including time.
The pattern of whether projects run ahead or behind schedule.
In essence, this is the units of input compared with the units of output so the relation between both can be improved.
Project Coordinator Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Project Coordinator:
- 25th Percentile $51K
- Average $59.5K
- 75th Percentile $66.4K
Project Coordinator Job Description
Bonus copy for your Project Coordinator job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Marketing Project Coordinator at <company XXX>, you will do more than just help support managing schedules. You will be responsible for supporting marketing project process from beginning to end is efficiently executed with positive results. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Collaborate with the graphics department on advertising artwork
- Proof copy, schedule deadlines, communicate with stakeholders and carry out other supervisory responsibilities
- Support in-depth market research on a product or service as well as competitor analyses
- Understand the company, its products and customer base in order to create effective marketing campaigns
- Help to ensure all marketing assets are on-brand and aligned with the global business strategy
- Support project planning, management and execution from beginning to end
- Work with brand managers and project managers to collect deadlines, budgets, objectives, etc.
Hire a Project Coordinator
We can help you find a qualified Project Coordinator that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Project Coordinator?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!