What is a Brand Strategist?
Similar Job Titles:
The purpose of a Brand Strategist develops position recommendations, guides market research analysis and defines brand elements and tone. Strategists also work in conjunction with a Brand Manager to ensure the organization’s products and services, mission, values, culture, and brand image are consistently represented and communicated to all audiences.
In today’s business culture, many organizations consider every employee a “Brand Strategist” They encourage each employee to keep brand compliance top of mind. But the full responsibility for promoting and protecting the brand falls on the person with the job title of Brand Strategist.
What does a Brand Strategist do, typically?
Establishes brand standards
These specialists define and communicate the brand standards and verify compliance across all channels.
Knows the market
A Brand Strategist observes and analyzes market trends and stays clued into competitors.
Strengthens brand Awareness
The Brand Strategist helps build, strengthen, and amplify an organization’s brand awareness to all audiences, including customers, employees, stockholders, vendors, and communities.
Ensures consistency in message across all channels
A Brand Strategist (working with cross-functional teams) establishes and articulates the organization’s brand promise, and ensures that all communications consistently reflect that promise.
A Brand Strategist is not:
Brand Strategists focus on the strategies that will drive consumer behavior. Marketing strategists focus on activating that behavior.
A Product Manager
Brand Strategists focus on analyzing market trends and consumer needs. Product managers build products and services that will respond to those trends and needs.
Important metrics for a Brand Strategist
Brand Strategists set business performance goals or Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure:
- brand perception
- purchase intent
- top of mind (TOM), spontaneous, and prompted brand awareness
- marketing ROI
Brand Strategist Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Brand Strategist:
- 25th Percentile $94.7K
- Average $110.5K
- 75th Percentile $126.2K
Brand Strategist Job Description
Bonus copy for your Brand Strategist job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Brand Strategist at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to showcase your expertise in brand development, use your strategic and creative skills to create, refine, enhance, and drive our brand awareness, and protect the integrity of our brand. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- work with leadership to establish brand guidelines, metrics, and standards
- build, strengthen, and amplify our company’s brand awareness with all audiences, including consumers of our products and services, employees, stockholders, vendors, and communities
- work with cross-functional teams to establish and articulate our brand promise, and ensure that all products, services, and communications consistently reflect that promise
- ensure compliance with brand standards across all media for our proprietary and trademarked products and designs
- design and monitor business performance goals to drive brand awareness
- observe and analyze market and competitor trends
- monitor the quality and integrity of our products and services, and respond as needed to ensure brand alignment
Hire a Brand Strategist
We can help you find a qualified Brand Strategist that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Brand Strategist?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!