What is a Brand Manager?
Similar Job Titles:
The purpose of a Brand Manager is to ensure the organization’s products and services, mission, values, culture, and brand image are consistently represented and communicated to all audiences. In today’s business culture, many organizations consider every employee a “brand manager,” encouraging each person to keep brand compliance top of mind. But the full responsibility for promoting and protecting the brand falls on the person with the job title of Brand Manager.
What does a Brand Manager do, typically?
Strengthens brand Awareness
These specialists help build, strengthen, and amplify an organization’s brand awareness to all audiences, including customers, employees, stockholders, vendors, and communities.
Ensures consistency in message across all channels
A Brand Manager (working with cross-functional teams) establishes and articulates the organization’s brand promise, and ensures that all communications consistently reflect that promise.
Establishes brand standards
These specialists define and communicate the brand standards and verify compliance across all channels.
Knows the market
A Brand Manager observes and analyzes market trends and stays clued in to competitors.
A Brand Manager is not:
A Marketing Manager
Brand Managers focus on the strategies that will drive consumer behavior. Marketing managers focus on activating that behavior.
A Product Manager
Brand Managers focus on analyzing market trends and consumer needs. Product managers build products and services that will respond to those trends and needs.
Important metrics for a Brand Manager
Brand Managers set business performance goals or Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to measure:
- brand awareness
- brand perception
- marketing ROI
Brand Manager Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Brand Manager:
- 25th Percentile $66.7K
- Average $78.8K
- 75th Percentile $90.3K
Brand Manager Job Description
Bonus copy for your Brand Manager job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Brand Manager at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to showcase your expertise in brand development, use your strategic and creative skills to refine, enhance, and drive our brand awareness, and protect the integrity of our brand. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- build, strengthen, and amplify our company’s brand awareness with all audiences, including consumers of our products and services, employees, stockholders, vendors, and communities
- work with cross-functional teams to establish and articulate our brand promise, and ensure that all products, services, and communications consistently reflect that promise
- ensure compliance with brand standards across all media for our proprietary and trademarked products and designs
- design and monitor business performance goals to drive brand awareness
- observe and analyze market and competitor trends
- monitor the quality and integrity of our products and services, and respond as needed to ensure brand alignment
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!
Not the job you were looking for?Search Other Roles