Digital Content Producer
WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
A digital content producer writes, develops, edits, and publishes content and copy for a variety of digital platforms, including websites, blogs, videos, email marketing campaigns, advertising campaigns, social media posts, infographics, whitepapers, and more. Digital content producers create messaging, marketing materials, and various forms of digital online copy that can be used by an organization to sell or promote services, increase brand awareness, etc.
What does a Digital Content Producer do, typically?
Creative storyteller within brand standards
Digital content producers are creative storytellers within brand standards. While they are not asked to manage a company brand, they follow company brand guidelines to ensure their messaging is consistent with company guidelines/value/mission. Digital content producers are skilled at developing and promoting a company brand, service, or product through the various digital content they produce.
Produce and publish
The best digital content producers are able to successfully contribute to a wide variety of digital content platforms – websites, blogs, videos, mobile, social media, and more. Digital content producers usually have experience using content management systems and managing/editing websites. They will often write, review, edit and publish content they write, as well as that of others, if applicable.
Understand digital marketing/SEO best practices
While digital content producers are not expected to be SEO experts, they should understand the difference between writing for various digital project channels (like a website, email, and social media). Digital content producers should also be able to generate content that is found in online searches and incorporates SEO best practices and guidelines.
A Digital Content Producer is not:
A Content Specialist
As pointed out by the CMI, “there’s product content, sales content, customer-service content, event content, employee-generated content, marketing, and campaign content. Even advertising is content.” Digital content producers produce all of those types of content as needed by the company, and that of which they produce is then used as part of an organizations content marketing strategy. The two – digital content and content marketing – often intersect within an organization’s digital marketing strategy.
A digital content producer produces copy for digital/online mediums. A copywriter, however, may write copy for a magazine, or brochure, or info sheet, for example, that may never go onto a digital platform. However, employers often seek digital content producers and copywriters with similar skill sets but may name them differently based on company philosophy.
Important metrics for a Digital Content Producer
- Customer Acquistion Cost (CAC)
- Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Bounce Rate
Bonus Copy for Your Digital Content Producer Job Description or Job Ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Digital Content Producer at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to create content that shares our story and vision, promote our brand, and makes an impact across many different digital platforms. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Write, edit and publish content for websites, blogs, videos, social media posts/campaigns, email campaigns, podcasts, e-books, whitepapers, and more
- Create content that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, sells, and simply, provides information, across a wide variety of digital platforms
- Work closely with the digital marketing team to produce content that generates results
- Use your editing, content management, and HTML skills to publish and edit content across various digital platforms
- Use your knowledge of SEO and content development to create digital content that helps us get found via search engines, and showcases our company as a leader within the industry
- Become an influencer who makes an impact on the company and within the industry through the production of digital content
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!