WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
As stated by Slidegenius, professional PowerPoint Specialists, also known as presentation designers or presentation specialists, “provide a deck that stays true to your core identity, ensuring that your audience gets the right message. Inconsistency between your visual design and your speech confuse and tune your audience out. If you’re a high-class brand, no one will invest in you if your slides are cluttered and use eye-searing colors. Unity between your brand story and presentation deck effectively complements and conveys your message.”
PowerPoint Specialists, according to Konus, “hold expertise in designing all kinds of PowerPoint presentations for multiple clients and styles. They have the technical know-how to maximize Microsoft PowerPoint’s functions, and the creative background needed to beautify presentations that drive clear objectives.”
PowerPoint Specialists work with internal teams to provide creative support to key creative and marketing projects, whether for an internal (new sales plan or product launch) or external (product demo, sales presentation) team, and/or they work with agencies or other clients to create visually stunning documents that promote a brand, deliver or confirm a message, explain a service or product, and add value to the presentation, company using the presentation, or person presenting the PowerPoint presentation.
What does a PowerPoint Specialist do, typically?
Technically savvy creative wizards
Today’s PowerPoint Specialists understand the importance of a company or clients’ brand, possess marketing skills, and can use a variety of creative and technical skills to create stunning PowerPoint presentations that incorporate a variety of visuals/creative assets to create presentations that get others to say “wow!” Top PowerPoint Specialists have experience with graphics, charts, infographics, color themes, master templates, animations, hyperlinking, transitions, actions, video, and more. Top PowerPoint Specialists may also be PowerPoint certified.
Convey/sell a message
A PowerPoint Specialist can not only sell the message within a presentation, they can also sell the company. Companies hire social media managers and corporate communications specialists to manage a company’s image, message, and brand. PowerPoint Specialists do the same.
While anyone can “throw” a PowerPoint presentation together, a PowerPoint Specialist can ensure your brand is consistent and the message matches the company brand, values, mission, and goals. As pointed out by Slidegenius, PowerPoint Specialists create designs that “complements your purpose gets your message across. Audiences appreciate the uniform content, visual elements, and purpose, making them feel like you know exactly what you’re talking about. This increases the chance of converting budding interest into positive action.”
Support internal teams
PowerPoint Specialists serve as critical members of a team, such as the sales team, for example, where the PowerPoint Specialist may assist sales/account management teams with sales collateral or presentations – creating visually empowering presentations that sell the company services, products, or are used in a product demo, or as part of keynote presentation. These pecialists create presentations that drive value, generate sales, and give internal team members the power to succeed through powerful presentations.
Bonus copy for your PowerPoint Specialist job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
- Become a storyteller, and thrive using a variety of multimedia platforms to showcase services and capabilities, sell the brand, and promote the company as the company of choice
- Have a background or experience in marketing or brand management
- Possess outstanding attention to detail, and take pride in selling the company message through outstanding visuals/graphics.
- Possess strong technical skills including Excel, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (insert/edit skills here).
- Are experienced working with creative departments, marketing, and sales
- Minimum of X years of professional PowerPoint presentation design experience (PowerPoint certification not required, but helpful)
- Understand the latest PowerPoint trends and designs and can add visuals, charts, and graphics to create presentations that capture the audience’s attention
- Have experience creating PowerPoint presentations for clients in the (insert industry) or other related industries
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, work on many projects simultaneously, and work in a team environment in a corporate setting
- Ability to consistently uphold brand and style guidelines, and communicate and potentially teach these standards to others internally