What is a Presentation Designer?
Similar Job Titles:
A presentation designer is an ever-evolving role, and therefore a presentation designer needs to be an individual who is consistently on the lookout for new presentation trends and always taking on new skills. They should have a strong eye for design, particularly when it comes to Powerpoint slides and presentation layouts.
This is a niche design role, and a presentation designer’s main responsibility is to uphold brand standards while creating effective, dynamic and well-thought-out internal and external presentations that are readable in multiple formats (e.g. tablet, computer, mobile).
What does a Presentation Designer do, typically?
A presentation designer will have experience designing templates and layouts and will be able to follow strict brand guidelines. They are quickly able to solve issues like blurry images, confusing layouts, and ineffective design. Their daily responsibilities can include:
- Intimate knowledge of presentation programs such as PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi and Keynote
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a wide range of tasks and projects at the same time
- Upholding brand guidelines and possessing a strong knowledge of design standards
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all brand presentation is of a high standard
- Having a good eye for design and aesthetics to create well-thought-out presentations
Misconceptions about Presentation Designers
While a presentation designer does need to have a good eye for aesthetics, they are not graphic designers. The focus of a presentation designer is purely on creating effective presentations for an organization and they will have extensive knowledge and experience in this particular area of design.
Important metrics for a Presentation Designer
1. Time from initial idea to final product
How long it takes for a presentation designer to create presentations and the cost for the amount of time it takes.
2. Engagement rate
This could be online or offline, as many presentations are used for public speaking engagements. It’s important to make sure the audience understands clearly the ideas that are being expressed and that online people are clicking through to the end of a presentation.
3. Presentation length
A good presentation should implement good design and reach a length that gets all of the important points across while keeping an audience engaged. A good slideshow should be three to four minutes long, with plenty of photos and videos to ensure a good flow.
Presentation Designer Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Presentation Designer:
- 25th Percentile $56.5K
- Average $64K
- 75th Percentile $71.5K
Presentation Designer Job Description
Bonus copy for your Presentation Designer job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a presentation designer at <company XXX>, you will get to do more than just design slides. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create flawless presentations that make an impact. More specifically, you will:
- Possess intimate knowledge of presentation programs such as PowerPoint, Google Slides, Prezi and Keynote
- Be able to work with Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Have experience working under pressure and be able to handle a wide range of tasks and projects at the same time
- Uphold brand guidelines and have strong knowledge of design standards
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all brand presentation is of a high standard
- Have a good eye for design and aesthetics to create well thought out presentations
Hire a Presentation Designer
We can help you find a qualified Presentation Designer that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Presentation Designer?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!