Digital Marketing Manager
WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
According to MediaBistro, “a digital marketing manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns that promote a company and its products and/or services. He or she plays a major role in enhancing brand awareness within the digital space as well as driving website traffic and acquiring leads/customers.”
What does a Digital Marketing Manager do, typically?
A digital marketing manager leads a team that oversees a variety of digital marketing programs. That team plans, executes, and drives a number of different digital marketing components, such as content, email, mobile, social media, SEO, paid search, and more. The digital marketing manager provides guidance to leaders/teams within each department and must understand the many different facets of digital media and the role they play in the digital marketing space.
A digital marketing manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing digital marketing campaigns that promote a company and its products and/or services. The digital marketing manager must have strong knowledge in all areas of digital/online marketing and be able to successfully lead/execute/convert campaigns within each specialty area of digital marketing.
Strategy and client service
A digital marketing manager must be able to work with, and communicate with stakeholders – internal (senior leadership) or external (clients/prospects) – the value that digital marketing campaigns can bring to an organization. Digital marketing managers should also have budgeting experience, and be able to understand how to maximize budget and opportunity for each campaign.
Important metrics for Digital Marketing Managers
- Conversion rates
- Cost per conversion (CPC)
- Lead to close ratio
- Return on ad spend (ROAS)
- Cost per acquisition (CPA)
Bonus Copy for Your Digital Marketing Manager Job Description or Job Ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Digital Marketing Manager at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to do more than drive traffic to our website. You’ll showcase your ability to lead – both teams and programs – and work closely with other talented and dedicated digital marketing professionals who are among the most talented in the industry. More specifically, you’ll get to work closely with website managers and editors, content marketers, email marketing specialists, mobile marketing developers, social media teams, and more, while also:
- Developing/managing all aspects of the company’s digital marketing campaigns.
- Developing strategies to drive online traffic to the company website/social media platforms
- Tracking conversion rates – what worked, what didn’t, and why?
- Implementing paid search, PPC, and SEO strategies/campaigns.
- Raising brand awareness and online presence through digital marketing projects and campaigns
- Planning and executing digital marketing budgets
- Staying on top and review new technology trends and opportunities to ensure the company remains a digital marketing leader within the industry, and in digital marketing space
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions!