Content QA Analyst
What is a Content QA Analyst?
Similar Job Titles:
The purpose of a Content QA Analyst is to edit and proof the content in a content management system (CMS), digital document, platform, website, and/or file. A Content QA Analyst focuses on includes fact-checking, proofreading for grammar and punctuation and typographical errors, and wording. They also conduct a test to ensure functionality on multiple platforms, as well as a test of all interactives to make sure that links to internal and external pages work.
What does a Content QA Analyst do, typically?
Proofreading and editing
A Content QA Analyst is considerate of the overall intent and design of the content in a document or digital file. And, analysts must be meticulous about the details, especially identifying inconsistencies and errors in grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation.
The candidate will provide quality assurance for optimal customer experience by ensuring that page content meets standards for content display and functionality by validating all page elements such as links, videos, images, and page layouts. They must also report any bugs or inconsistencies in the user experience.
Content QA Analysts are not:
Content QA Analysts edit and proof copy to improve its readability by correcting errors and adding clarity. This often includes fixing spelling mistakes, but in a more sophisticated way than the spell checker on your computer.
Copy Editors/Proofreaders revise content to improve accuracy and clarity. Content QA Analysts also improve accuracy and clarity. However, they work solely with digital products and also test functionality such as links, images, page layouts, and more.
Important metrics for a Content QA Analyst
- Defect open and close rates
- Mean Time to Detect (MTTD)
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Requirements & Requirement Coverage
- Overall testing trends
Content QA Analyst Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Content QA Analyst:
- 25th Percentile $60.6K
- Average $70.2K
- 75th Percentile $80.2K
Content QA Analyst Job Description
Bonus copy for your Content QA Analyst job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Content QA Analyst at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to showcase your expertise in elevating the User Experience. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- provide quality assurance testing for new/updated CMS templates, digital components, and content management system and supporting technologies
- focus on both the details and the big picture—fixing the smallest of errors that have been overlooked while respecting the overall theme and intent of the content
- use your expertise with style guides and language syntax to fix inconsistencies and errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and design
- provide quality assurance for optimal customer experience by ensuring that page content meet standards for content
- display and functionality by validating all page elements such as links, videos, images, and page layouts
Hire a Content QA Analyst
We can help you find a qualified Content QA Analyst that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Content QA Analyst?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!