WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
A Freelance Writer is a writer who works as a self-employed contractor for an organization, as opposed to being a full- or part-time employee. Generally, freelancers work for multiple clients at the same time. A Freelance Designer can be a generalist, designing for various projects and channels, such as websites, internal or external corporate communications, emails, newsletters and more. Many Freelance Designers choose to specialize in digital, print, production, or developing new, unique designs.
What does a Freelance Designer do, typically?
Freelance Designers will need to have intimate knowledge of graphic and/or digital design but they will also need to be effective communicators in order to understand the company and/or client needs to execute an effective solution. Their daily responsibilities may include:
- Implementing design elements, from the conception to final delivery.
- Having hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other design software.
- Using their strong eye for aesthetics and visual details to ensure a quality final product.
- Listening to design needs, coming up with ideas and communicating them to clients.
- Maintaining high standards of quality and making sure only the best work is released to the employer or client.
Manages multiple projects effectively
A Freelance Designer is a creative problem solver with excellent organizational skills; is able to work on multiple projects of varying complexity; can work remotely within a set budget and deadline; and, works well under pressure.
Important metrics for a Freelance Designer
Freelance Designers communicate with an organization’s designers, developers, writers, and marketers to understand which metrics are important to achieve specific business goals. As freelancers, they generally count on their clients to develop, study and evaluate those metrics.
Bonus copy for your Freelance Designer job description or job ad!
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Freelance Designer at <Company XXX>, you’ll get to show off your excellent print and digital design skills on a variety of key projects. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- develop ideas for and create designs that align with our brand strategy, and addresses the needs and interests of our multiple stakeholders
- collaborate with company managers to develop designs that adhere to brand standards and guidelines
- create unique designs for our company, employees, and customers in ways that expand our brand presence, inform and engage, and help achieve our business goals