What is a Interaction Developer?
Similar Job Titles:
Front-End Developer, Web Developer, Interaction Developer
Interaction Developers, much like user interface (UI) Developers and user experience (UX) designers, are focused on creating a positive customer experience with an application or product that will, in the end, help a business gain more conversions, or turn a higher number of users into customers.
An Interaction Developer anticipates how people might experience a product, website or application and then set out developing experiences in a way that anticipates a user’s needs. Interaction Developers should be excellent at creating intuitive and innovative solutions that both delight the user and deliver what they are looking to get out of a product or experience.
What does an Interaction Developer do, typically?
An Interaction Developer will work with other multidisciplinary UX team members such as researchers, developers, and engineers to ensure a final interactive product meets business goals. Their daily responsibilities include:
- Creating proof of concepts (POCs) to research and recommend usage of emerging technologies to enhance user experience.
- Providing context and guidance for integration and implementation of front-end interfaces.
- Creating seamless processes for the team by establishing standards and frameworks for effective integration.
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge in emerging technologies; driving knowledge sharing and lessons learned from previous projects.
Common misconceptions about Interaction Developers
Many employers think they need to hire an Interaction Developer for design and coding work, but in many cases, an Interaction Developer will need to be a leader as well. Because this role requires a lot of research and know-how on interactive trends, an Interaction Developer may in many cases need to delegate tasks to junior level team members when they have created an overall framework of what the final product should be to ensure efficient processes are in place to avoid costly delays or a bad user experience.
This can also be a very challenging role, and it’s important to find the right candidate who can work on complex projects and also consistently learning new and ever-changing technologies.
Important metrics for an Interaction Developer
Interaction Developer Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Interaction Developer:
- 25th Percentile $78K
- Average $88.5K
- 75th Percentile $98.2K
Interaction Developer Job Description
Bonus copy for your Interaction Developer job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As an Interaction Developer at <company XXX>, you will get to do more than just design experiences. You will help create pathways that guide users through a seamless interactive experience while jumping in to manage projects and stakeholders. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Create proof of concepts (POCs) to research and recommend usage of emerging technologies to enhance the user experience
- Provide context and guidance for integration and implementation of front-end interfaces
- Create seamless processes for the experience team by establishing standards and frameworks for effective integration
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge in emerging technologies; drive knowledge sharing and lessons learned from previous projects
- Work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
Hire a Interaction Developer
We can help you find a qualified Interaction Developer that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Interaction Developer?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!