Marketing Analytics Specialist
What is a Marketing Analytics Specialist?
Similar Job Titles:
Marketing Analyst, Digital Marketing Manager
With everything becoming digital and therefore more trackable, it makes sense that marketing analytics is on the rise. With new technologies have come many new analytics programs that allow marketers to track their audience and use the sample data from these programs to create better marketing strategies for the organizations they work for.
With all of the analytics and tracking programs out there, the industry needed a hybrid marketing and data science role; this is where the Marketing Analytics Specialist comes in.
The main goal of Marketing Analytics Specialists is to develop and execute fact-based reporting, analysis, and analytical models in a way that improves decision-making across the marketing department.
What does a Marketing Analytics Specialist do, typically?
Marketing Analytics Specialists should be able to define and implement measurement strategies that align with the client and/or company goals. Their daily responsibilities may also include:
- Producing meaningful marketing KPI dashboards and delivering monthly, cross-channel performance reports with actionable insights
- Coming up with conversion optimization strategies, with the aim of improving efficiency in the digital marketing department and increasing ROI
- Implementing tracking into various marketing initiatives using Google Tag Manager
- Benchmarking performance across all online channels and advising on KPIs based on performance analysis
- Reporting on key metrics, analyzing and interpreting trends and providing actionable insights based on available analytics data
- Analyzing online user behavior, conversion data, customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
- Spotting opportunities to try innovative new methodologies and improve the analytical procedure
- Working daily with analytical software including but not limited to Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and more
A Marketing Analytics Specialist is not:
A Data Specialist
Data and analytics is a core part of marketing analytics, however, a data specialist is more general whereas a marketing analytics specialist focuses only on the data and analytics from the marketing department of an organization.
A Web Analyst
Web analysts might focus more on general KPIs such as web traffic, bounce rate, etc. whereas a marketing analytics specialist will delve into much richer metrics of specific marketing campaigns that can’t be extracted from plain web analytics programs.
Important metrics for a Marketing Analytics Specialist
- Incremental Sales: how marketing campaigns are resulting in increased sales revenue over time
- Web Traffic Sources: where traffic is coming from and whether it’s social media, email newsletters, Google search, online ads, etc.
- Purchase Funnel: the customer acquisition process from initial awareness to purchase or conversion
- Return on Marketing Investment: the ability of new marketing campaigns to generate new revenue
Marketing Analytics Specialist Salary
US Based, employer-reported data for a Marketing Analytics Specialist:
- 25th Percentile $58.2K
- Average $67.7K
- 75th Percentile $75.8K
Marketing Analytics Specialist Job Description
Bonus copy for your Marketing Analytics Specialist job description or job ad!
Copy the text below and paste it into your own job description, or, into our FREE downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
As a Marketing Analytics Specialist at <company XXX>, you will get to do more than just monitor metrics. You will define and implement measurement strategies that align with digital marketing and overall business goals. More specifically, you’ll get to:
- Produce meaningful marketing KPI dashboards and deliver monthly cross-channel performance reports with actionable insights
- Come up with conversion optimization strategies with the aim of improving efficiency in the digital marketing department and increasing ROI
- Implement tracking into various marketing initiatives using Google Tag Manager
- Benchmark performance across all online channels and advise on KPIs based on performance analysis
- Report on key metrics, analyze and interpret trends and provide actionable insights based on available analytics data
- Analyze online user behavior, conversion data, customer journeys, funnel analysis and multi-channel attribution
- Spot opportunities to try innovative new methodologies and improve the analytical procedure
- Work daily with analytical software including but not limited to Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and more
Hire a Marketing Analytics Specialist
We can help you find a qualified Marketing Analytics Specialist that would fit your specific needs. Send us a few details about your ideal candidate and we'd love to start the search for you!
The Celarity Mission
Celarity is an award-winning Staffing & Recruiting agency for Marketing, Creative & Digital talent with a mission: Creating happy careers with meaningful connections. For 30 years we have proudly connected 600+ companies with over 5,000 candidates.
Looking to hire a Marketing Analytics Specialist?
Let us know the qualifications and skills and we'll do the rest!