WHAT IT IS + JOB DESCRIPTION
The purpose of a Data Architect is to build complex computer database systems that are accessible, useful, and secure. A Data Architect helps define the end use of the database, and then creates a blueprint for developing, testing, and maintaining the database. The job title Data Architect is often paired with Modeler or Data Engineer.
What does a Data Architect do?
Provides data services for enterprise information strategy solutions
Works with business leaders and teams to collect and translate information requirements into data to develop data-centric solutions
Adheres to architecture standards
A Data Architect uses industry-accepted data architecture principles and standards for modeling, stored procedures, replication, regulations, and security, among others, to meet technical and business goals.
Focuses on improving data quality, accessibility, and security
A Data Architect works to streamline data flows and models; improve consistency, quality, accessibility, and security; unify data architecture; remove unnecessary costs; and, optimize database activity across company needs.
Misconceptions about the role of a Data Architect
Data Architects are not: A lot of things! Here is a description of what separates Data Architects from Data Analysts, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists.
Important metrics for a Data Architect
Data Architects are often involved in creating and executing an organization’s overall data strategy and setting enterprise-wide quality metrics. Here are several ways to measure and evaluate the success of a data solution:
- KPIs for Data Architecture
- The Data Quality Cycle
- Key Factors in Architecting a Master Data Solution
Bonus copy for your Data Architect job description and job ad
Copy the following text and paste it into your own job description, or, into our downloadable template in the section that looks like this: <INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION COPY FROM BLOG POST HERE>
- Work closely with teams to collect and translate information requirements into data to develop data-centric solutions
- Ensure that industry-accepted data architecture principles and standards are integrated and followed for modeling, stored procedures, replication, regulations, and security, among other concepts, to meet technical and business goals
- Continuously improve the quality, consistency, accessibility, and security of our data activity across company needs
Visit The Ultimate Guide to Hiring Digital Talent page for more digital job descriptions![et_social_follow col_number="auto" outer_color="dark"]